Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Tennessee

I live at an apartment complex. The lease states that a tenant is allowed only 2 dogs, no puppies under a year. What recourse do I have when the tenant below has three dogs, one being a puppy about 3 months old? Property manager is aware of the situation, but ignores the constant barking/whining complaints.

Thnk you.

Dan Scott Scott Law Group, PC

It's difficult to know your rights without reviewing the lease you signed. However, understand that the lease is a contract between you and the owner. This is the same as the tenant below. A contract between them and the owner. It's not something you could enforce. You could possibly have an argument that you are a "third party beneficiary" of that contract, but this is a stretch. Best course of action: Complain to the Mgt so much they'll kick the offender out, or after lots of complaining ask to be released from your lease.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Tennessee