Texas  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/08/10, 8:04 am

if you are not on the birth certificate and paternity has not been proven,do you have to pay child support ?

1 Answer

Answered on: 6/08/10, 11:08 am by Bobby Warren

Unless a court orders you to pay child support, you have no legal duty to do so. You should be aware, however, that if the other parent chooses to pursue child support, the court will likely look into what support you have provided in the past and may choose to award retroactive support if it is found to have been insufficient.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Patel & Warren, PLLC 24 E. Greenway Plaza, Suite 1110 Houston, TX 77046

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search