Texas  |  Criminal Law

I was involved in an altercation with a family member and was issued a protective order on me. I since have reconciled with the person and have had contact with her on many occasions. She has tried to go have the order removed with no luck. It seems like theres nobody who can gives us the proper guidance to have this order removed. If i could just get a stepping stone and start from there it will be greatly appreciated. The order is issued in Hidalgo, County Texas. Also, i travel to Mexico alot and have had difficulties upon entering The US because of this order. Could this have to do with the fact that i was released on bail when this incident happened and if so how could i have that removed as well.

Answered on: 5/24/10, 8:30 am by Edgardo Baez

I am affraid that you will have to retain an attorney to do that for you. Good luck and God bless you both.

The Baez Law Firm, P.C. 1100 NW Loop 410, Suite 365 San Antonio, TX 78213