Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida

My ex husband and I were general partners in an S corp.( real estate) I have 90% and he had 10%. This was done a year prior to his death. He has a brother ( only living relative) who is now wanting proceeds to his estate. What is the brother legally entitled to? There was not a recent will. The will I have is when we were married.

Asked on 2/26/22, 7:05 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Your ex husband's estate must go to probate for him to make a claim as his heir.

Read more
Answered on 2/27/22, 8:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida