India  |  Employment Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/11/13, 9:05 am

One of my friends joined a Central Public Sector Understanding (PSU) in the 2010. During his joining time he submitted his Matriculation Certificate as his age proof where his date of birth was mentioned as 08.06.1982. Later he found that his date of birth in his Birth Certificate obtained from Govt Hospital was 08.09.1983. As per certified standing order of the PSU an employee can submit either Matriculation Certificate or Birth Certificate as proof of his age. If my friend would submit the Birth Certificate as age proof he could do more years of service in the PSU as he could retire latter.

My question is whether my friend can apply now to the PSU to change his date of birth on the basis of Birth Certificate obtained from Govt. Hospital. If yes, how?

1 Answer

Answered on: 8/11/13, 9:43 am by Fca Prashant Chavan


In 2010 itself while joining service, your friend has already submitted his SSC passing certificate as valid proof of date of birth. Your friend should live in the present as he / she is too young to think about retirement. Moreover, no job has a future; only you have a future. It generally happens that parents are tempted to mention a false back dated date of birth of their child to get early admission in school. Since asking the PSU to amend the date of birth record now might jeopardize his / her job, taking such a step is not recommended.


Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Expert Edge LLP "always A Step Ahead", Mumbai 52

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

81 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search