Connecticut  |  Immigration Law

I got my conditional green card as a result of marriage 6 months ago. My husband is now filing for divorce and claims he can "undo" the immigration process so that I lose my green card. The marriage was legitimate and we have two children together. What can I do?

Answered on: 4/02/13, 2:57 pm by Rebecca White

You will need to file the I-751 on your own and be prepared to show the marriage was entered into in good faith. Be sure to save photo albums and shared financial records.

Law Office of Rebecca White Seattle, WA 98154

Answered on: 4/02/13, 3:52 pm by Marlene Hemmings

Your husband cannot "undo" anything. Your conditional residency is for 2 years. Before the 2 years terminates, you must file form I-751 & prove to USCIS that you entered into a legitimate marriage with no fraud involved.

If you have 2 children together, make sure you get a good Family Law Attorney too!

Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law 23371 Mulholland Drive, Suite 294 Woodland Hills, 91364