California  |  Employment Law

Hello i have been working at my job a union company for the past 18 months I'm a journeyman carpenter by trade i was hired as a carpenter b which is bottom union pay none of my co-workers are carpenters they were trained in house i got A pay which is the next level because i asked for it and i was promised that that i would be senior within a year that didn't happen i have trained some of my co-workers how to do jobs, where the company has never even thought of now they are doing the jobs the way i did them and they do not want to pay me senior pay which is the highest i feel that they are mistreating me i don't know what to do. thanks

Answered on: 6/28/13, 11:38 am by Timothy McCormick

That's a matter to take up with your union.

Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services 201 Spear St., Suite 1100 San Francisco, CA 94105

Answered on: 6/28/13, 11:44 am by Terry A. Nelson

You waived your 'legal' rights when you joined the union shop. You have the right to a union grievance under your CBA, nothing else. File one if you think you have grounds for it. Your union is supposed to protect you. That's what you pay them the big bucks in dues for.

Nelson & Lawless 18685 Main St., #175 Huntington Beach, CA 92648